Hard Hat Tour of The Refinery at Domino
All Images Courtesy of Two Trees
Get a sneak peek at The Refinery, a brand new office building constructed within the brick walls of the landmarked Domino Sugar Factory in Brooklyn!
- Learn about the evolution of the Domino Sugar Factory site, from its opening by the Havemeyers family at the turn of the 19th century to its heyday as one of the largest facilities in the world
- See 360-degree views of Manhattan from the breathtaking 27,000-RSF glass dome penthouse that crowns the top of The Refinery
- Uncover how the developer (Two Trees Management), landscape architect (James Corner Field Operations), and lead architect (Practice for Architecture and Urbanism (PAU)) are working together to combine new state-of-the-art, modern design with the original industrial facade to house a new age of workers
- Explore Domino Park, the 6-acre public park that runs parallel along the entire 11-acre Domino Sugar Factory site and includes over 30 large-scale, salvaged artifacts — components of the inner workings of sugar refining, that honor the story of New York’s history in the sugar trade
- See the large-scale indoor vertical garden lining the entire perimeter of the Refinery building, including vines, plantings, and 17 30ft tall trees that raise the bar for biophilic office design
About the event:
Located in the heart of Domino Park on the Williamsburg waterfront, The Domino Sugar Refinery is a landmark building that was integral to the development of the Brooklyn waterfront throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, the former 150-year-old Domino Sugar Factory plant, which produced over 98% of the country’s sugar in its heyday, is being transformed into an all-electric Class A office building containing 460,000 rentable square feet of top-tier office space, acclaimed local ground floor retailers, and exceptional on-site amenities including a penthouse open dome for gatherings.
Join us on a special insiders hard hat tour to view the construction progress of this iconic former industrial building being given a new life.
About Your Guide: Dave Lombino, Managing Director, External Affairs at Two Trees Management
David Lombino is the Managing Director, External Affairs at Two Trees Management where he oversees the development pipeline for the Dumbo-based firm and serves as its government and community liaison. His current projects include the redevelopment of the Domino Sugar Factory in Williamsburg and the development of BAM South in Downtown Brooklyn. Part of Domino Park, Dave is also working on the development of River Ring, a large mixed-use project anchored by an unprecedented resilient waterfront park with a circular esplanade enabling public river access. Previously David served as Executive Vice President in charge of External Affairs at the New York City Economic Development Corporation under Mayor Bloomberg. He is the former City Editor of the New York Sun newspaper. A native New Yorker, David holds a Master’s Degree in public policy from Columbia University and a B.A. from Williams College.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, click on the “Book Now” button to book this event!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($20/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($30/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.
The event is sold out?
In-person Insider tours may have limited capacity and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
But don’t worry! Sometimes spots open up closer to the event date if there are cancellations. We also repeat our most popular events when possible so you will have another opportunity to join us. There are also multiple other members-only events weekly that you can join in!
What if I need to cancel?
If you cancel more than 48 hours ahead of the scheduled event, you will receive a 100%. When canceled less than 48 hours before the start of your tour, you will receive a gift card that can be used on any future events. Please be courteous to your fellow Insiders and let us know if you can no longer attend so we can offer your spot to another person.