Take a tour inside the stunning Eldridge Street Synagogue and Lower East Side with the Museum at Eldridge Street
- With museum docent Richard Soden, stroll through the neighborhood’s 100-year-old history with the street smarts he’s earned as a long-time Lower East Side resident
- Discover tenement architecture and locate Jewish motifs on buildings throughout the Lower East Side
- Visit upscale fabric shops and clothing stores dating to the 1890s
- End up at The Pickle Guys, the last of the Lower East Side’s 60+ pickle shops
- Explore more recent history, including how the neighborhood has been transformed and adapted to new trends and cultures in the 21st century.
About this Event:
With the Musem at Eldridge Street docent Richard Soden, stroll through the neighborhood’s 100-year-old history with the street smarts he’s earned as a long-time Lower East Side resident. Learn about what life was like for Jewish immigrants at the turn of the last century, where children played, where people shopped and ate, how they received news, and even where they banked. You’ll also explore more recent history, including how the neighborhood has been transformed and adapted to new trends and cultures in the 21st century.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event for free!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, clock on the “Book Now” button to book this event for free!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($15/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($25/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.