Filmed in Brooklyn Walking Tour: Park Slope & Windsor Terrace
Photos by Margo Donohue
Visit the real-life locations where some of your favorite movies were filmed in the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Park Slope and Windsor Terrace!
- Start your cinematic journey outside the Montauk Club, one of NYC”s oldest social clubs, where Prizzi’s Honor, Rounders, and several episodes of Boardwalk Empire were filmed
- See the Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture, one of the most expensive locations in NYC and filming location for The Royal Tenenbaums and Malcolm X (plus Rosie Perez’s wedding!)
- Admire the historic mansions that neighbor Prospect Park, where films like The Age of Innocence were filmed
- Stop at the spot where one of the most celebrated “indie” movies was made with stars including Madonna, Harvey Keitel, Giancarlo Esposito, and Lou Reed
- Walk deep into the quiet neighborhood featured in one of the most celebrated films of all time–1975’s Dog Day Afternoon starring Al Pacino
- End with a visit to Dog Day Afternoon hot dog stand and Farrell’s Bar, a standard in old-school Brooklyn drinking destinations
About the event:
Join Filmed in Brooklyn author Margo Donohue for a walk through Brooklyn where you’ll uncover the filming locations of iconic movies set in New York City and the homes of the borough’s famous residents! As you stroll the tree-lined streets, you’ll learn about the cultural history of Park Slope and Windsor Terrace and discover how they have evolved over the years.
Along the way, you’ll stop at locations seen on screen in films like Dog Day Afternoon, The Amazing Spider-Man, Goodfellas, The Age of Innocence, and The Wolf of Wall Street among others!
About Margo Donohue
Margo Donohue is the co-host, co-creator, editor, and producer of several podcasts, including Book Vs. Movie, Dorking Out, Not Fade Away, and What a Creep. She is a writer, photographer, public relations pro, marketer, social media diva, and content creator with more than 20 years of experience in entertainment, features, films, and lifestyle media. Filmed in Brooklyn is her first book.
A resident of Park Slope, Brooklyn for over 20 years (in the same rent stabilized apartment!), Margo enjoys hanging out with the cutest cats in Brooklyn (Tennessee and Sweet Sarah) and watching far too much TV and movies. She is a connoisseur of Bravo TV, the Real Housewives, true crime, documentaries, and celebrity autobiographies (especially rock stars!) You can find her work at www.BrooklynFitChick.com, and follow her on all the things at @BrooklynFitChik on Twitter and @BrooklynFitChick on Instagram. And you can find her trying to ruin TikTok for the kids @margodonohue.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, click on the “Book Now” button to book this event!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($20/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($30/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.
The event is sold out?
In-person Insider tours may have limited capacity and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
But don’t worry! Sometimes spots open up closer to the event date if there are cancellations. We also repeat our most popular events when possible so you will have another opportunity to join us. There are also multiple other members-only events weekly that you can join in!
What if I need to cancel?
If you cancel more than 48 hours ahead of the scheduled event, you will receive a 100%. When canceled less than 48 hours before the start of your tour, you will receive a gift card that can be used on any future events. Please be courteous to your fellow Insiders and let us know if you can no longer attend so we can offer your spot to another person.