The Poet of Christmas Eve: Tour & Reading at the General Theological Seminary
Photos Courtesy of the General Theological Seminary
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the publication of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” by Clement Clarke Moore with a reading and tour led by cultural historian Pamela McColl!
- Step inside the stunning chapel at the 200 year old General Theological Seminary
- View rare vintage collections and learn about the poem’s 200 year publishing and illustration legacy
- Learn about Moore’s connection to Chelsea and his contribution to the area
- Enjoy locations built on lands donated by Moore, including the Chelsea park named in his honor, where families gather each holiday season to remember the poem and honor the poet
- Visit the site of Moore’s home
- Go home with your very own copy of a special edition of the poem created to celebrate the poem’s 200 years in print, and a complimentary hot cocoa from High Line Hotel
About the event:
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, click on the “Book Now” button to book this event!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($20/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($30/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.
The event is sold out?
In-person Insider tours may have limited capacity and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
But don’t worry! Sometimes spots open up closer to the event date if there are cancellations. We also repeat our most popular events when possible so you will have another opportunity to join us. There are also multiple other members-only events weekly that you can join in!
What if I need to cancel?
If you cancel more than 48 hours ahead of the scheduled event, you will receive a 100%. When canceled less than 48 hours before the start of your tour, you will receive a gift card that can be used on any future events. Please be courteous to your fellow Insiders and let us know if you can no longer attend so we can offer your spot to another person.