Spirits and Stories of Martinique New York: A Hotel Tour After Dusk
Photos courtesy of Martinique New York
Hear and experience the eerie tales of Martinique New York on an exclusive tour of Midtown’s historic landmark!
- Travel up to the 17th floor where you’ll hear the story of a thwarted Nazi spy plot that intended to disrupt train operations, and meet the spirits of guests who have taken “the quick way” down the stairs
- Learn the story of a daring acrobat who fell from the 9th floor of the hotel while promoting the 1923 silent film “Safety Last,” which you’ll screen!
- Step into Room 932 where Tara will share her own first-hand account of a spectral encounter
- Descend into the lower levels of the hotel to meet Sara, the prankster spirit whose mischievous taunts have been caught on security footage
- Step inside the ballroom and learn about some of the darker misdeeds and mishaps that have occurred on the danceflooor
- Examine video footage, newspaper clippings, and other artifacts related to the spirits stories told
- Enjoy a complimentary Halloween themed cocktail/mocktail and a light bite courtesy of The Press Club Grill
About the event:
When a building has been around for as long as Martinique New York (125 years!), it’s bound to acquire some uncanny stories! On this Halloween week tour, join Rooms Division Manager, resident historian, and 20+ year property veteran Tara Williams for a spine chilling tour of the hotel’s spookiest spots!
On this tour, you’ll travel through multiple levels of the hotel to visit areas where mysterious and strange happenings have occurred. Tara will share historic artifacts and newspaper clippings, spirited accounts of guests and staff, video footage, and her own personal stories of the hotel’s otherworldly visitors.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event for free!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, clock on the “Book Now” button to book this event for free!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($15/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($25/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.
The event is sold out?
In-person Insider tours may have limited capacity and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
But don’t worry! We repeat our most popular events when possible so you will have another opportunity to join us. There are also multiple other members-only events weekly that you can join in!