Jazz Age Lawn Party
Celebrate “The Return of the Twenties” at the 15th Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island!
- Get free admission to the Jazz Age Lawn Party, the world’s original and largest Prohibition Era-inspired gathering (a $50 value!)
- Discover the music and zeitgeist of the 1920s with live performances from Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra, the Dreamland Follies – an Art Deco spectacle evoking Ziegfield-esque grandeur – and more!
- Take part in themed activities like the paper moon photo booth, 1920s dance lessons, carnival games, a motorcar exhibition and more
- Enjoy 1920s-era cocktails and snacks
About this Event:
The Jazz Age Lawn Party is back at Governors Island’s historic Colonels Row to celebrate “The Return of the Twenties!” Consistently selected by The New York Times as one of the most memorable events of the year, the Jazz Age Lawn Party offers the magical opportunity to travel back in time. Dress in your own best 1920s attire, you’ll be transported back to the days of flappers and jazz, bootleg gin, and the Charleston.
Hosted and conceived by Michael Arenella in 2005, the event started as a small gathering of perhaps fifty friends and fans and has grown into the world’s largest Prohibition Era-inspired gathering! This year, the event will be held over one weekend only.
- You MUST register before May 28th, 2021
- There are 15 free spots available for Insiders
- This event will be held rain or shine
This event will be carried out in strict adherence to all NYS COVID-19 protocols in effect on event date. This may include a required negative COVID-19 test result or proof of vaccination before entry is granted. Other safety protocol will include social distancing and wearing of masks at all times except when seated. Comprehensive safety measures will be announced before event weekend, as guidelines are updated.
- Tickets available free to Insiders are General Admission tickets for Sunday, June 13th. These tickets (a $50 value) do NOT include food or beverages.
- You may bring picnic foods, however outside alcohol is strictly prohibited by Governor’s Island and will be confiscated upon entry.