PRIVATE TOUR TEST
Discover the secrets of one of NYC’s most iconic building
Learn about the design flaw as large as Grand Central’s atrium
Peek into the entrance of the glass walkways
See Grand Central’s hidden tennis court
Locate the hidden symbols of the family that built Grand Central
Explore what’s left of Grand Central’s movie theater
Guests Love This Tour!
- Sunday Morning in GCT Great walking tour of Grand Central. I loved all the historical information about the terminal and preservation and restoration efforts. Our guide, Richard, was prompt, knowledgeable, and engaging. He even took us outside a couple of times to see features of the exterior. I’ve always wanted to know more about GCT when passing through, and this tour was informative and worthwhile. I booked through Viator, and the tour provider was Untapped New York. We went on Sunday morning because we thought the terminal would be less busy. I think it was, although be aware that some of the retail and restaurants (including the Oyster Bar) are closed on Sunday.Coastal30620511/13/2023Excellent tour, fantastic tour guide. What a fantastic tour. Our tour guide, Jonathan, was knowledgeable and passionate about the fascinating history of Grand Central Terminal. I lived in NYC for a brief period in the 90's, and was thrilled to learn about the significant work that has been done to rehabilitate and preserve this NYC treasure since the 90's.Angela C11/13/2023
- Grand Central untapped What a great tour!!!!!. Filled with interesting information about Grand Central Terminal/Station. The best part of the tour was the guide. Jonathan was amazing with his knowledge and how he presented it. I would surely recommend him as your guide and feel that he was invested in making the tour one that kept your interest. Well worth the time.Lee S11/09/2023
- Well worth doing--Grand Central. We did the tour of Grand Central Terminal in NYC, about an hour and a half. This is our third experience with Untapped and as always, it delivered! Well worth doing for out of towners and residents alike.Michael B11/07/2023Awesome, informative and enjoyable tour! Richard is an amazing guide! He gave a very clear and concise run down of the history behind the Grand Central Station and always made sure to check if we had more questions for him when we had none because he provided us with so much interesting background. Looking forward to another tour!Aileen G10/31/2023
- Informative and fun My wife and I did this tour Oct. 28 while in town for her grandfathers birthday. Luis, our tour guide, was very enthusiastic and really brought the tour and history alive. Great information about the architecture, the people involved, and some great stories from its glory days. I’ve never been to Grand Central Station before and this was a great way to experience it for the first time. I would highly recommend this tour.Derek R10/31/2023Wonderful tour! This tour is amazing!!!! I have been to Grand Central Station many times and had no idea the history and facts behind it all. We saw areas I did not know existed and learned so much. We took several tours while in NYC for a girls trip and this was a favorite! Highly recommend!KelleyB1410/30/2023
- Midnight Tennis, anyone? Laura gave an informative, entertaining tour of Grand Central Terminal (it's not Station, and she explained why). We went through different levels and corners of the terminal, revealing all of the impressive features. Laura also gave tips for if you find yourself staying at GCT awhile. Need somewhere to sit? There's an upper floor with chairs. Want to play tennis at the Vanderbilt Tennis Club inside GCT? It's half-price at midnight.Bangbay Siboliban10/27/2023
- So many interesting stories Alexis was a delightful & informative tour guide. We all agreed we learned lots of new interesting facts about Grand Central. We highly recommend this tour when you are in NYC!Carol10/25/2023Great Tour Guide Laura Laura made a great tour through Grand Central Terminal (I learned during the tour it's not a station), she was very supporting, perfectly prepared and able to answer all tje questions that occured during the tour. I just could recommand to take this tour with her 😁👍 12 out of 10 😀Stefan R10/25/2023
- Best tour of Grand Central Terminal in NYC!! Jonathon was an AMAZING tour guide! He was multilingual and remembered our names and where we were from with a very large group. You might not think this is relevant to a Grand Central Terminal tour, but it really helped keep us all engaged as it always felt like he was speaking directly to you. He was VERY enthusiastic throughout the tour and very professional. One of our best tours in NYC!!Karen S10/20/2023Great experience and way to make Grand Central come to life Very thorough tour of Grand Central Station - totally made the location come to life. Louis modified the tour for rainy weather but we still got our moneys worth. The old projector in the liquor store and the tennis court are things you’d never know about / see unless with a grip. Great historical tidbits that you remember!acmvldrx10/17/2023
- Interesting and unusual Very interesting and unusual tour. Our guide is a professor of history with a special interest in Grand Central Station, so he knew his subject and was passionate. He showed us things that I'd never heard of - though I've passed through this station many times! The wireless ear phones worked very well, so that this hard-of-hearing reviewer could hear every word over the noisy din of the busy station. I was also pleased that he showed kindness to some less mobile members of our group. Thank you!David E10/16/2023Excellent, informative, art-focused tour We took the 1.5 hour walking tour of Grand Central Madison art. It was outstanding! Our guide was Justin, and he is very knowledgeable about the history, architecture, art, and artists of Grand Central. We learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended.670heatherd10/10/2023
- Everything we hoped! What a fun and unique NYC experience! We have always loved the iconic Grand Central Terminal building and now we love it even more! Our tour guide, Richard, did an amazing job. We absolutely loved our first UntappedNY experience and we can’t wait to do another tour again soon!Carrie G10/09/2023
- Fascinating journey through grand central! The NYC Secrets of Grand Central Walking Tour was an eye-opener! Exploring the hidden gems and rich history of this iconic terminal was a delight. The guide's insights and anecdotes added depth to the experience. Truly recommend it for any new NYC visitor.Andres K9/12/2023Informative and fun tour of Grand Central! So much fun to learn about all the history and hidden details around Grand Central Station. Richard was full of knowledge and showed us EVERYTHING in the terminal including the tennis court, hidden staircases, passageways, and beautiful tile ceilings. A must do in NYC if you love architecture, history, and art! Highly recommend!Marcy J9/03/2023
About This Tour:
Discover the many secrets of this New York City icon! Close to a million people pass through Grand Central Terminal every day, yet very few know the many stories and secrets which you will learn on this tour. On this unique walking tour you will discover the origins and history of the Beaux Arts train station, from its glittering glory days to disrepair and modern quests to save it. Our top rated tour guides will make you experience what most miss: its hidden features, design quirks, and much more. Whether you pass through it every day on your morning commute or stroll through the Grand Central for the first time, you are sure to leave having learned, seen, and experienced something new and extraordinary. This tour of Grand Central Terminal is great for history or architecture buffs alike.
This tour costs $175 for up to 5 guests, and $35 for each additional guests.