Underground Subway Art Tour
- Enter the world’s largest underground public art gallery with just one Metro-card swipe
- Discover one of the city’s most expensive timepieces and largest pieces of art in the subway system
- Interact with a camouflaged sound installation tucked away in the last place you would think to look
- Unlock the secret code of the most popular and playful pieces of subway art and learn how you can make yourself a part of it
- See how an artist framed remnants of the original 1904 14th Street Union Square station to preserve its history
- Find a game-changing commuter tunnel with some of the most colorful mosaics in the system
About This Tour:
The New York City subway system is the largest in the world and with hundreds of art installations scattered throughout its 472 stations, it’s also one of the world’s largest public art galleries. Join Untapped Cities tour guide Justin Rivers and Artist-in-Residence Aaron Asis as they take you on an in-depth tour of the subway’s art tapestry, weaved together to tell the dynamic history of art in the subway from the earliest installation at Fulton Center to a surprising pop art mural at Times Square and mesmerizing new mosaics. Along the way, you’ll pick up insider secrets about installations from 34th Street to Union Square. You will discover stunning artwork from Roy Lichtenstein, Tom Otterness, Mary Miss, Jacob Lawrence, and many more artists!
This experience is perfect for art, history, and subway lovers alike!
Ear pieces are provided to each guests, ensuring everyone hears the guide perfectly, even from a distance!
100% refund up to 72 hours prior to the start of your tour.
When canceled less than 72 hours before the start of your tour, we will do our best to reschedule you or issue you a credit to use on any of our upcoming tours. This credit won’t expire until you use it!