Exclusive-Access Photo Tour of the Abandoned Ulmer Brewery
- Exclusive access to the now abandoned 19th century William Ulmer Brewery located within the multi-building historic district in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn
- Be one of the last people to photograph the Brewery. New construction will begin in the Fall 2023 and this will be the last opportunity to for photographers to have full access to the building.
- Wander the property on your own or participate in group light painting and long exposures sessions.
- Experience the many photographic opportunities that Ulmer has to offer:
- Macro Photography
- Textures and masonry
- Old canvas Conveyor Belts
- Infrared Photography
- Roof with Cityscapes
- The beautiful Exterior
- Long Exposures
- Light Painting
- Professional photographer, Andrea Phox, and her assistant will be on hand if want some assistance with settings (what file format to shoot in, ISO, F-Stop, shutter speed affect, and exposure bracketing) or to help you with your tripod.
About Ulmer Brewery:
The famed 19th century William Ulmer Brewery is located within a multi-building historic district in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn. In 1872, the building was constructed as a brewery for pioneering German brew master, William Ulmer. It is a quintessential example of pre-Prohibition brewery architecture, and it is one of the last remaining and best maintained structures from an era in which Brooklyn was the brewery capital of the United States.
In 2010, the building was designated an individual landmark by New York’s Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC), and falls under NY State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) jurisdiction as well. DXA studio is currently working to restore the building to its former grandeur while converting it to much-needed housing.
About Andrea Phox:
Andrea Phox is a photographer at Andrea Phox Photography opened in 2003. After receiving a BFA in painting and Sculpture from Minneapolis College of Art & Design, she went on to achieve Certifications and Degrees as a Master Photographer and Craftsman, as well as being awarded the Lexjet Award, two Platinum and Bronze Medals in National Competition by Professional Photographers of America. She is currently the President of the Professional Photographers Association of New Jersey,PPANJ, a recognized state affiliate of PPA.
After years of working as an artist and freelancing as a lighting designer in NYC alternative theater in the East Village and Soho, she began exploring optics and the art of the camera lens, which led her to find work as a Camera Technician (focus Puller) in the NY IATSE local 600 Union film community.
In 2002, she changed directions, leaving the film industry to pursue a career as a professional photographer. She has been leading photographic tours with photographer Tony Sweet, which include tours to Cuba, Cape May, Puerto Rico, Ellis Island and New York City. You can see her work at learn more at www.andreaphox.com
No refunds or cancellations.
Due to the limited tour spots, there are no refunds except in the event of cancellation of the workshop by Untapped New York.
If the workshop is cancelled due to inclement weather or problems in the brewery, a refund will be offered.
All sales are final.