Untapped Central Park Tour
- Discover a stealthy trick found all over the park to help you locate yourself on the Manhattan street grid
- Walk through an often-overlooked cathedral of trees in the heart of the park
- See the first public art commission given to a woman in New York City
- Learn about a secret ice skating rink for ladies only
- Stand in the location where more people have been proposed to than anywhere else in the city
- Sit in the aptly named Whispering Bench and give it a try
About This Tour:
Discover the secrets of this urban oasis and get away from the busy city in one of New York’s most popular attractions. Go off the beaten path and discover a secret ice skating rink for ladies only, take in (but don’t eat) the strawberries in Strawberry Fields, and learn about the only subject who was present for the dedication of his statue in the park (because the park rules state that you must be dead to get a statue in the park!). Learn how the Dairy was built in order to protect children from poisonous milk supplies and discover one of New York’s best kept historical secrets behind the Dairy itself. And, of course, learn how New York’s inferiority complex with the world’s greatest cities spurred the construction of this iconic park, and, unlike its rivals, was not a royal park but a place built for everyone to enjoy.
100% refund up to 72 hours prior to the start of your tour.
When canceled less than 72 hours before the start of your tour, we will do our best to reschedule you or issue you a credit to use on any of our upcoming tours. This credit won’t expire until you use it!