Image via @nulooks
- Discover the Brooklyn Bridge’s secrets, including its old Cold War fall out shelter, the hidden champagne vaults, the bridge jumper survivor’s support group and so many others…
- See an abandoned park hidden in plain sight as you explore the perimeter of the Manhattan anchorages of the bridge
- Uncover the hidden statue of the family of engineers who built the bridge
- Locate the site of the nation’s first White House
- Cross the bridge span, which offers one of the best vantage points in New York City
- Price: $35 per person
- What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes.
- What to know: The tour is 2-hours; please consult with the MTA for weekend subway schedules and routing changes. NOTE: While this tour will cover the history of the bank vaults and Cold War shelter, we will not be going inside. No cancellations or refunds.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT THIS TOUR:
“It was fascinating to learn about the history of Brooklyn Bridge. Justin was a perfect guide – very knowledgeable and talked just the right amount, if you know what I mean. Very pleasant experience. Highly recommended.” — RiinaT2012, Trip Advisor
“Justin was full of fun and fascinating information. He seemed like he was enjoying the tour as much as we were! He kept everything moving along and enjoyable. It was a very quick 2 1/2 hours that I will do again. Thank you Justin!” — Michelle A, Trip Advisor
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
Beyond the Brooklyn Bridge’s stately exterior lies an epic origin story. Now over 130 years old, the granite and limestone structure has dazzled both tourists and residents alike. On our newest tour, author, playwright and Untapped Cities’ tour guide Justin Rivers will not only unpack the history behind the Brooklyn Bridge, but also explore its many hidden secrets. Our unique walking tour will give you a whole new appreciation for one of New York’s most iconic landmarks.
PHOTOS OF THE TOUR: