It’s that time of year again: despite the recent freeze over that has hit the United States, New York City will carry on with its usual shenanigans. The 17th Annual No Pants Subway Ride will take place at 3pm on Sunday, January 7 — and you all are invited to join, so as long as you’re willing to strip down and “keep a straight face about it.”
Improv Everywhere, the New York City-based comedy collective behind the event, recently shared details about this year’s ride, which kicks off at seven meeting points spread out across the city (see below):
- Astoria: Meet at Hoyt Playground – Google Map
- Brooklyn: Meet by the Old Stone House – Google Map
- Downtown Manhattan: Meet at Foley Square – Google Map
- Midtown Manhattan: Meet at Hudson Yards Park on 34th Street – Google Map
- Queens: Meet at the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows Park – Google Map
- Uptown Manhattan: Meet at the Great Hill in Central Park – Google Map
- Williamsburg / Bushwick: Meet at Maria Hernandez Park – Google Map
Everyone should meet at their chosen meeting point at 3pm sharp. Participants are also advised to bring a backpack/bag and a MetroCard, in addition to normal winter clothes. The rest of the details for the New York City event can be found here (information on other global events here).
After successfully braving the cold in your undies, you’re also invited to an afterparty at Bar 13 (35 East 13th), where you can “shake your pantied booty” to awesome DJs, in addition to viewing performance art and other installations. The event is 21+ and $15 at the door.
If you plan on attending, RSVP to the event here, and make sure to document your experience on Twitter using the hashtag #NoPantsSubwayRide and mention @ImprovEvery.