4. All Souls Episcopal Church
All Souls Episcopal Church, previously named St. James Church, is a historic chapel on the east side of Main Street next to the Stony Brook Village Center. It was designed by notable architect Stanford White, a partner in the architectural firm McKim, Mead & White and architect behind the Washington Square Arch, the second Madison Square Garden, and more. The church was built in 1889 with a gabled roof, octagonal bell tower, and an open arcaded porch. The church also features a bright-red door and wooden frame, and it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.
Stanford White also designed a Gilded Age estate in historic Stony Brook, overlooking the Long Island Sound and West Meadow Beach. Although the property has been subdivided several times, the mansion and a sizable property still remains and is a private home.