In 1956 Marcel Breuer was asked to develop a comprehensive design for re-planning the NYU campus at this site. From 1959-1970, five buildings were built based on the design and planning of Breuer and his associates Hamilton Smith and Robert F. Gatje. On OHNY Weekend, take a rare tour of Breuer’s distinctive modern spaces with docents from DOCOMOMO NY Tri-State. Tours will include Begrisch Hall, a highly distinctive building that features a pair of sloping cantilevers that spring from side-wall trusses and appear to defy gravity. These bold sculptural forms reflect specific programmatic requirements, enclosing a pair of steep-floored lecture halls, seating a combined two hundred- and-fifty students.