10. Edward E. Boynton House
Image via Wikimedia Commons by
The Edward E. Boynton House (16 East Boulevard) was designed in 1908 and built for Edward Boynton, a successful lantern salesman and partner in the C. T. Ham Manufacturing Co. Located in Rochester, New York, it’s the furthest east of Wright’s Prairie houses.
The Boyntons lived on the property until 1918. After falling in the hands of several different owners, the Landmark Society purchased the house and then sold it under the condition that the exterior and interior would be protected. Although it’s a private residence today, the original Wright-designed furniture is owned by the Landmark Society.