7. The Queens County Farm Museum, 1772
Occupying 47 acres of land in both the neighborhoods of Floral Park and Glen Oaks, The Queens County Farm Museum holds the title for both New York City’s largest remaining tract of undisturbed land and the longest continuously farmed site in the state (in operation since 1697). Built in 1772 by Jacob and Catherine Adriance, the farmhouse is a three-bedroom building of Dutch architecture. It was once the second largest farm in Queens County, and the highest in monetary value.
The Queens County Farmhouse now works as a museum that, as its website states, “exemplifies the 300-year history of agriculture and farming as a way of life and livelihood in Queens County.” The property contains, along with its historic buildings : a greenhouse, an assortment of vintage farm implements, planting fields, livestock and an orchard and herb garden.
The Queens County Farm Museum is located in 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Floral Park