7. Sands-Willets Homestead and Barn
The Sands-Willets Homestead is a historic home and house museum operated by the Cow Neck Peninsula Historical Society. The two-story building contains twenty rooms as well as an enlarged porch and porte-cochere. The original west wing dates back to 1735, and a Greek Revival-style portion was added in the mid-19th century.
The home is named for the Sands family of merchants and farmers who built and lived in the home until around 1845, as well as the Willets family, a Quaker and abolitionist family who purchased the original Sands home and added a new building to the east. The homestead also includes a historic barn dated to the late 17th century, as well as a small garden. The Sands Barn is believed to have been built in 1690, and it was painstakingly disassembled and relocated in 1978.