6. Glens Falls Armory
Closer to the village of Lake George, in Glens Falls, sits a former armory on Warren Street. The Glens Falls Armory was constructed in 1895 by Isaac G. Perry and is classified as a Romanesque Revival building. The 18th Separate Company was the armory’s first occupant, followed by the Company K 2nd Infantry Regiment in 1899, after their action during the Spanish-American War.
The armory has been vacant since 2009, when its National Guard unit moved to a neighboring town.
Today, the Glens Falls Armory still stands and was recently purchased by a nearby paper mill with potential to be used by its neighbor, The Hyde Collection art museum.