4. Madison Square Presbyterian Church
Madison Presbyterian Church was a very short lived stay on 24th Street. Built in 1906, the Palladian structure was demolished only thirteen years later in 1919 to make way for insurance offices. Despite the church’s early demise, many of its ornamental features were salvaged and made their way into homes and museums around the country.
According to the New York Times, a doorway from Madison Square turned up in storage at the Brooklyn Museum, the church’s Tiffany windows with biblical scenes now illuminate a wedding chapel at a hotel in Riverside, California, and the building’s stone columns and some terra-cotta flourishes were transferred to a former newspaper headquarters in Hartford.