7. First National Bank
The First National Bank of Port Jefferson is a 2 1/2-story brick building at the corner of Main Street and E. Main Street built in the late Victorian style in 1900. The structure served as a bank until 1948, when it was purchased by the Town of Brookhaven. The building also includes a two-story turret with a cone-shaped roof, and a one-story brick, flat-roofed addition was built in 1949.
The historic bank was added to the National Register for Historic Places in 2005, and today it features first floor retail space and residential apartments on the second floor.