9. Frank Melville Memorial Park

Frank Melville Park

The Frank Melville Memorial Park is a publicly accessible park surrounding the Melville Mill Pond, added to the NRHP in 2010. The 24-acre park houses the Three Village Garden Club Arboretum and a walking trail. The Setauket Mill, built by Ward Melville in 1937, contains a running simulated mill wheel in the park, built near the site of other now-demolished historic mills dating back to the 1660s.

Mill in Frank Melville Park

Built in the early 1700s, the Satterly Barn in the park was restored in 1968, along with the nearby John Satterly House, one of the oldest houses in Setauket. The 1922 Colonial Revival-style Bates House is also owned by the park foundation.