6. Jayne Tavern
The Jayne Tavern, constructed in 1750, is named after Morris Jayne, who ran the tavern following the American Revolution. It was owned by a man named John Tyler during the Revolutionary War, and a massacre took place at the tavern when British troops opened fire looking for deserters. Four Americans died in the massacre, and bullet holes can still be found at the site. It was moved in 1890 to its original location off Tavern Way off of Main Street, and it was fully restored in 1942. The house has four bedrooms with cathedral ceilings, as well as a parlor with original hand-hewn beams.