- Special Access inside the Woolworth Building, which is normally off-limits to the public
- Learn about the history of the building, how it was created and has been restored over the years
- Visit the spectacular “cathedral-esque” lobby and mezzanine of the building, nicknamed the “Cathedral of Commerce”
- Explore the cellar level where you will see an abandoned bank vault and entrances that once had direct access to the NYC subway
- Contemplate many Art Deco details including the gorgeous mailboxes and elevators
- Price: $40 per person
- What to know: The tour is one-hour long and is happening rain or shine! Please do not enter the Woolworth Building without our tour guide. Wait outside until the tour guide arrives; photographs are allowed but no flash or videos will be permitted. There are no public restroom facilities available, and no food or drink or pets are allowed in the building. Children under 10 years old are not permitted. No cancellations or refunds.
- What to wear: Bring comfortable shoes
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT THE TOUR:
“I joined Untapped Cities to be able to discover different places and learn all of the histories and stories of NYC! This tour did not disappoint! And the special access to the balcony area to see the ceiling tiles up close, was phenomenal! Definitely worth it!!!” – ErinHunke, Trip Advisor
“Fantastic tour. Appreciated the tour guide! Well worth the trip to see inside and learn about the history.” — Margaret K, Trip Advisor
“I was so impressed with the knowledge shared about both the outside and inside of the building; along with surrounding area. I work near the Woolworth building and told all my co-workers to take the tour.” — mondo360, Trip Advisor
“Very informative and engaging, and taught me many interesting things about the history and architecture of the Woolworth Building! It’s a unique opportunity to learn about its fascinating secrets” — Stephanie G, Trip Advisor
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
The Woolworth Building is one of New York City’s most famous off-limits landmarks. Though its cathedral-like interior of glass and marble is landmarked, security concerns after 9/11 rendered it closed to the public unless you lived or worked in the skyscraper, once the tallest in the world. In addition to our VIP tour of the building with the building architect Cass Gilbert’s great grand daughter, we offer this one hour tour of the normally off-limits Woolworth Building which will feature not only a visit through the stunning lobby but also the mezzanine and the cellar level where the bank vault still stands. On this insider tour of the Woolworth Building, you’ll get a complete picture of the engineering feat and aesthetic masterpiece that the skyscraper is.
PHOTOS OF THE TOUR: