Belvedere Castle. Image via Stig Nygaard
- Hear about the massive civic project that transformed a wasteland into an urban pleasure ground
- Learn about the curious origins of the Central Park Zoo and the corruption scandal that caused a riot
- Uncover the hidden meaning in Bethesda Terrace’s sculptures and the forbidden love that inspired the park’s most famous statue
- See the secret bolt left behind from the creation of Manhattan’s street grid
- Discover the secret navigational device that keeps pedestrians from getting lost on the park’s winding paths
- Price: $35 per person
- What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes
- What to know: The tour is approximately 2 hours long and covers 2 miles. Note: some of the walking surfaces are uneven and require ascending a moderate incline. No cancellations or refunds.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT THE TOUR:
“It was a perfect tour of Central Park highlighting things many New Yorkers don’t even know about their beautiful park! The guide was very knowledgable, polite and open to many questions. A wonderful experience! I learned many new things about Central Park and will definitely share them with my family and friends. I am looking forward to more guided tours with this guide and the company.” — regina251, Trip Advisor
“We loved this tour!! Our guide Jeff’s passion for the city was obvious and he is so knowledgable, engaging and a wonderful raconteur! Even though we had a very hot day to take the tour the 2 hours flew. I’m only sorry I didn’t start taking tours with these guys sooner!!” — KTajer72, Trip Advisor
“Great Tour of Central Park! Excellent tour of Central Park with a lot of very interesting information provided by our tour guide.” — nicephoras, Trip Advisor
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
Did you know that Central Park was once the site of a former African-American village? Or that it was previously home to an infamous casino, where alcohol flowed throughout the Prohibition? For almost 160 years, Central Park has been the green heart of the city, serving as a pastoral haven for New Yorkers and visitors alike. Even so, it still holds many secrets that have yet to be discovered. On this walking tour we’ll explore the history behind some of its best-loved and hidden sites. Learn about the genesis, design, and evolution of the immense green space, while uncovering its many outrageous happenings, scandals and more.
PHOTOS OF THE TOUR: