Central Park Tours
The Secrets of Central Park Walking Tour
Did you know that Central Park was previously home to an infamous casino, where alcohol flowed throughout the Prohibition?
For almost 160 years, Central Park has been the green heart of the city, serving as a pastoral haven for New Yorkers and visitors alike. Even so, it still holds many secrets that have yet to be discovered. On this Central Park walking tour we’ll explore the history behind some of its best-loved and hidden sites. Learn about the genesis, design, and evolution of the immense green space, while uncovering its many outrageous happenings, scandals and more.Book Now
- Hear about the massive civic project that transformed a wasteland into an urban pleasure ground.
- Learn about the curious origins of the Central Park Zoo and the corruption scandal that caused a riot.
- Uncover the hidden meaning in Bethesda Terrace’s sculptures and the forbidden love that inspired the park’s most famous statue.
- See the secret bolt left behind from the creation of Manhattan’s street grid.
- Discover the secret navigational device that keeps pedestrians from getting lost on the park’s winding paths.
Fascinating hidden features of Central Park Loved the guide and his knowledge. Great tour. He was passionate about the subject and gave great insights. The tour was so eye-opening.Steve H
Learning about many secrets even New Yorkers don’t know about their own park was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Our guide Jeff was very nice and knew his topic very well. Recommend to both locals and visitors alike.Drew W.
Our guide’s passion for the park came through very clearly and we had a great time! Took my family who was visiting from CT, and they liked it as well. Thank you!Kate J.
What Guests Have to Say
Experienced this tour before? Drop us a line!
Know Before You Go
Where To Meet
In front of the Arsenal, inside the park at 5th Ave & East 64th Street
How To Get There
By Subway: N, R, W to 5th Av; F, M, Q, R to Lexington Av; 4, 6 to 68st
What To Bring/Wear
Bring comfortable shoes, as the tour requires walking up and down stairs
Frequently Asked Questions
How strenuous is the tour? How much walking will we do?
This tour includes a two mile walk, some of the walking surfaces are uneven and require ascending a moderate incline.
Is there an age limit or recommendation?
No age limitation.
Who will guide our tour?
One of our licensed NYC Tour guides.
We'll help you rediscover New York City.
Reach out and we’ll answer questions, help you plan a private event, and more.