Prospect Park Walking Tour
Secrets of Prospect Park Walking Tour
Explore the park’s highlights, learn about its design, hear stories of intriguing happenings in the park, and uncover its secrets.
Prospect Park, the pastoral oasis in the heart of Brooklyn, has been called a “masterpiece.” Created by Frederick Law Olmstead and Calvert Vaux (designers of Central Park), it is a sprawling haven of meadows, woods, and water. On this Prospect Park walking tour, we’ll explore the park’s highlights, learn about its design, hear stories of intriguing happenings in the park, and uncover its secrets.
- Uncover the secrets and symbols of Grand Army Plaza, the monumental entrance to the park
- Learn about the park’s ingenious design and the monumental task of transforming it from a wasteland into a pastoral haven
- Hear about the secret tunnels beneath the park’s surface
- Visit the once-idyllic garden that devolved into a symbol of the park’s decay (and is being restored to its former glory!)
- Discover the innovative initiatives to combat storm damage and erosion, including recycling historic elements and employing a squadron of livestock
- See the private cemetery within the park – home to a Hollywood legend
- Stroll Brooklyn’s last remaining forest and discover Olmstead’s hidden tricks to enhance the woodland
- Hear about mysterious happenings inside the park, including mystic rituals and supernatural park-goers
I enjoyed the tour with Jeff…he was prepared and informative.Maureen M.
I go to Prospect Park most weekends yet Jeff taught me so much I didn’t know about the history of the Park! Loved it.Rosaria S.
What Guests Have to Say
Experienced this tour before? Drop us a line!
Know Before You Go
Where To Meet
Please meet at under the arch at Grand Army Plaza on Flushing Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11238
How To Get There
By subway: 2, 3 to Grand Army Plaza
What To Bring/Wear
Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes!
Additional Tour Notes
This tour will be an outdoor walking tour, covering 2 miles.
Frequently Asked Questions
How strenuous is the tour? How much walking will we do?
This tour is easy and most people can participate.
Is there an age limit or recommendation?
No age limitation.
Who will guide our tour?
One of our licensed NYC Tour guides.
Is this tour indoors or outdoors?
This is an outdoor tour! Please dress accordingly.
We'll help you rediscover New York City.
Reach out and we’ll answer questions, help you plan a private event, and more.